Thursday, March 18, 2010

Swap!

Sew.... a group of ladies from the mommy board I am part of get together every few months and do a swap, where we send another person fabric from our stash and they make something out of it and send it back to us. I can't post what I made yet, but here is what I got in the mail today!


A really pretty journal cover! The dot fabric is one of my favorites of all time.



and a very pretty black and white table runner. I love this! Very Modern, and used the last of the Ikea bird fabric I adored.

I LOVE swaps.

Today I finished another hipster for myself.



complete with wallet, makeup bag, tissue cover and key fob. The fabric I found at Joanns, I love pinks and browns. This time around I made the strap adjustable and interfaced it.

Yesterday the girls and I headed into Memphis to visit the Children's Museum. We met my Uncle Joe for a minute, he was passing through on his way to Kentucky.


Rena kind of freaked out at first because she thought it was Papou, and when she realized it wasn't she didn't know what to do! The musuem was great, but packed because of Spring Break. They had a mini town, with a bank, Kroger, auto store, dentists, etc. It was fun. They even have a fed ex plane you can explore, and a River exhibit. The girls favorite was the Disco. Yup, in the town they had a disco...



That was my first time driving in Memphis, I still need to find the zoo now that the weather is warmer. Uncle Joe gave me a box of fabric scraps from all around, and I spent this morning sorting through it. It looks like it is all in great shape, and some of the prints are fantastic. They look like sugar/flour sack fabric!


Now I wonder why we package everything today in disposable packaging. Why not in fabric bags so we can reuse them?

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you got them that fast! I am glad you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed all your photos--what fun! Found you on QuiltingBloggers.com; happy I did! Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete