Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Cowboy booties!!!

A few weeks back the quilt guild had a retreat I was able to go to, and there I found some great deals from Blackberry Patch Quilt Shop. It is a great online shop, but since she lives nearby she came to the retreat! She had Curby Closet's cowboy booties pattern on sale, and they were so cute I couldn't pass it up! She also had some great Fat Quarters for 1.25, which is always worth checking out!!!


Pointy toed boots!!

Round toed boots!

I loved this patten! It was easy and fun! I made these 2 pairs for baby gifts, and hope to have time to make a few more soon! 
Speaking of shopping, I have found out that Fabric Designer Tanya Whelan  is coming out with her book in time for Christmas! I am so excited! I first discovered her patterns and fabrics in an issue of Quilts and More, where she had a ruffled skirt pattern for little girls. I made several for Evie and Rena when they were younger! I had to search down her fabric, which is manufactured by Free Spirit. 
 
Anyway, her book can be previewed on Amazon and on Barnes and Noble website.Sew What You Love looks amazing, she is giving us little peeks at projects on her blog. Check out the bag on the cover ...
 
 

I already told Kevin he is buying me the book for Christmas :) I think the bag on the cover will be my first project!

2 comments:

  1. Sew....did you get the book for Christmas? I'm hoping to get it for my birthday!

    Hugs
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete