Thursday, September 29, 2011

Dress2

I was messing around with the easy jumper pattern, and raided my stash to make a little size 3 one for a friend's youngest daughter who likes frilly things.


The bodice and bottom are leftover from a quilt backing, and the skirt is from 4 fat quarters I bought at the quilt guild's retreat a few weeks ago! They were $1 each. Can't beat that for a little girls dress! The snaps are vintage mother of pearl I found in my sewing stuff.






I wanted to see if A letter would fit in the bodice, so I broke out my embroidery arm. I really should use that thing more often!I also think the pink breaks up the sea of brown a bit.

To make the bodice pattern, I copied the top half of a jumper pattern I have. It runs a little big, so I have to remember to shrink it a bit next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment