Saturday, September 11, 2010

onward and upward!

One thing that always makes me feel better is starting a new project. This weekend we are working on recovering our dining set chairs, but have to wait for Sunday to buy the foam (50% off at Joann!)
This morning I decided to gather my scraps up to start my next project, Belle Meade by Bonnie Belle.  I have been searching through my stash and this is what I have that is "civil war"


While going through my fabric I realized a few things. One, I am really unorganized when it comes ot my fabric. It is all just in tubs. My patterns are nice and organized, but not my fabric. The second thing I realized is that most of my fabric is really bright happy fun childrens colors. Third, I realize I have a lot of patterns and magazines I have already done projects from that I don't know if I will do again. I do have my favorite patterns I go back to over and over, especially for bags. I try to make gifts instead of buying them, which is the big reason why. I am trying to decide how much I want to clean out of the sewing room so it can also be a baby playroom in a few months.

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment