Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thank Goodness for SCHOOL!

Now that school has started back up for fall, I actually have time to sew! Last week I tried out Penny Sturges' Bow Tucks Tote Pattern. I used the new Amy Butler Fabrics my husband bought for me when he was traveling. He made a special stop at Green Velvet in Granville, Ohio (where we used to live) for it! I like it as a bag, it's nice and roomy, and I always carry a lot of things. Next time I make it I might make the front pocket smaller though, or make it two compartments. It's a little floppy for my taste, I am afraid my cell or keys will fall out!


I also did this quick little applique this week for Evie to wear tomorrow, it's her principal's 40th Birthday and they asked the kids to wear something black.


I feel so much more "together" as a person when I get to spend time in my sewing room. It also feels good to start working on baby projects, since we are expecting our 3rd in January. I have been piecing quilt tops, which I hope to post in a few days! I found Mr. Men and Little Miss fabric at Joanns and of course had to make baby quilts!

Rena apprently also loves fabric. So much she decided to use all of my  pins to reupholster my sewing room chair...



*sigh* it only took 45 minutes for me to unpin the fabric from the seat, find my pincushions, organize my pins again and take a magnet to the floor for strays....


Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment