Sunday, November 7, 2010

Nap Mat

Sorry the pictures are aweful, but this weekend I wipped up a nap mat for Serena. She needs one for Kindergarten next year and her amazing new preschool has aftercare, which we are going to try out tomorrow so I can stay for the whole quilt guild meeting :) I haven't been to a guild meeting since August.

I found the tutorial for the nap mat on Jenny Garland's Blog. It's an easy sew. I did do velco instead of bottons though.



I like how it rolls up really easily. and she uses velco on one side so the mat comes out to clean, or if you decide to make 2 you don't have to rebuy the foam.


Serena looooves it. I used fleece instead of minky, because it was on sale :)


We're happy with how it turned out, It only took about 2 hours from start to finish if that. My dad is visiting from PA, and then my aunt and uncle came out from Arkansas, and with soccer on Saturday morning I literally had a short window of time to get it together!

1 comment:

  1. I think it is great! I had them for my kids when they were little and we loved them. I have to go check out the tutorial now though because we are expecting a grand daughter in February and the two grandson's may need them for kindergarten too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete